This liquid is like wine, but not wine. 30 milliliters can kill you.


Methanol poisoning was the root cause of a serious food-borne illness caused by alcohol-based fuel at a rural banquet in Sichuan province, killing many people.Recently, Anhui CDC issued a reminder: like wine is not wine, do not drink by mistake!What is methanol?Experts introduced that methanol, also known as wood alcohol, wood essence, is a colorless, transparent, irritating smell of toxic liquid.Accidental ingestion of 5-10 ml of methanol can cause poisoning, and 30 ml can cause death.The main symptoms of methanol poisoning are dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, etc. In severe cases, confusion, convulsions and coma may occur, and blindness or even death may occur in severe cases.The incubation period is usually 2-24 hours, with a few as long as 2-3 days.If the inferior liquor with excessive methanol content is consumed, early symptoms similar to drunkenness may occur. Some patients and their families mistakenly believe that they are just drunkenness, delaying the treatment opportunity.So, what are the ways in life that methanol is exposed to?It is understood that some illegal vendors use industrial alcohol (methanol content is much higher than the edible liquor) to blend all kinds of wine products (bulk liquor), if you drink more or mistakenly drink the use of industrial alcohol mixed with fake wine, will cause methanol poisoning.Most of the food-borne methanol poisoning in China is caused by misinterpreting industrial alcohol as edible liquor.Hefei Newspaper all media reporter Tang Meng statement: the copyright of this article belongs to the original author, if there is a wrong source or infringement of your legitimate rights and interests, you can contact us through email, we will promptly deal with.Email address: jpbl@jp.jiupainews.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.